I love shrimp. I could honestly eat it seven days a week without growing tired of it. There are just so many delicious shrimp dishes – shrimp gumbo, shrimp scampi, shrimp sandwiches…to quote Forrest Gump.
So, when I saw this shrimp pasta recipe, I just knew that I needed to try it. I mean, I am always up for a great shrimp recipe and this one looked really easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to prep and you spend less than an hour total on the dish, so it’s pretty easy as far as shrimp and pasta go.
You can use whatever pasta you want. I think it would be great on angel hair pasta, but use whatever you prefer. I made it with rotini the first time that I tried it but angel hair or fettuccini will definitely be on my list for the next time.
You can completely change the dish just by choosing a different type of pasta! This one is so easy that you’ll have time for a scrumptious dessert, like this homemade blueberry pie!
If you love shrimp and you love pasta, this is definitely a dish that you will want to try. White onion, garlic, tomatoes and other ingredients give it a wonderful Italian flavor and you can customize it by adding your own spices or changing up the pasta that you use.
This could also be made ahead and frozen for later. You know how much I love make ahead freezer meals. Anything that saves time and money is a winner in my book. Definitely try this one out. You’re going to love it…your family will love it, too.
Tomatoes, onion and garlic give this shrimp pasta a great Mediterranean flavor
Mix your ingredients together and cook for just 25 minutes
This serves well with a side salad and garlic bread, or you can make it a meal all on its own
Such a delicious dish and one that the entire family will love
Best Ever Italian Shrimp Pasta Recipe
I absolutely loved this shrimp pasta…not only that, but my entire family loved it. They’re big fans of shrimp too. In fact, shrimp and pasta are two of our favorites around here. This recipe is just as good as anything that you could get at Olive Garden and it has a distinctive Italian flavor.
- 12 oz (350 g) of your favorite pasta
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 pound 3 oz (600 g) of canned tomatoes, pureed
- Sugar and salt to taste
- 1 tsp. of chili flakes
- 14 oz (400 g) of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅔ cup of cream
- Sauté chopped onion in preheated olive oil until translucent (about 5-6 minutes). Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add pureed tomatoes and cook the sauce over medium heat for 15 minutes. Season with salt, sugar and chili flakes.
- Meanwhile cook your favorite pasta.
- Add shrimp to the tomato sauce. Cook for 1 minute, pour in cream, add pasta and leave over heat for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and more chili flakes if preferred.
Serving Size:10 oz (300 g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 13.2gSaturated Fat: 3.2gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 877mgCarbohydrates: 64.9gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 8.8gProtein: 35.3g
Leave a Reply