Who doesn’t just love blueberry pie? This cobbler style pie is a wonderful treat any day of the week and it’s really easy to make. If you loved grandma’s blueberry cobbler, you’re going to really love this recipe. It’s delicious, especially when you serve it warm with vanilla bean ice cream!
I love the cobbler style of this pie. Cobbler with ice cream is my all-time favorite dessert, and this blueberry pie is quickly reaching the top of my favorite list. You only need an hour from start to finish and that includes baking time. If you want to really impress the family or friends, bake this up the next time you have a get-together. It will be the hit of any dinner! Note that if you use self-rising flour instead of all-purpose, you won’t need to add the salt and baking powder.
This recipe gives you a wonderful dessert that’s not too sweet and contains luscious blueberries. Who wouldn’t just absolutely love this?
Gather all your ingredients before you begin to save time while baking.
Unsalted butter and fresh lemon zest give the pie its wonderful flavor.
Cream the softened butter with zest and egg.
Add dry ingredient mixture to creamed butter and egg and stir to remove lumps.
Carefully fold in blueberries so as not to crush them
Doesn’t this have a wonderful color?
Serve with ice cream for a treat that everyone will love!
Serves 5 oz (150 g)
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup yogurt
- Cream softened butter with zest and sugar.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Sift the flour and mix it with baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Add flour mixture to the batter, mix until combined and lump-free.
- Stir fresh or defrosted blueberries into the batter. You can crush some of the berries to extract juice and create marbled looking batter.
- Spread the batter in greased 9-inch (22 cm) baking pan. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 40 minutes, check with toothpick for doneness.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, ice cream, or sprinkled with powdered sugar.