I love a good buffalo wing but I had never found a recipe that I like. I can go out to Buffalo Wild Wings all day long and eat my share of their delicious wings but that can get expensive quick.
I needed a great recipe that I could make at home that would give me that same delicious flavor as restaurant wings and I finally found it. These extra crispy double fried confit buffalo wings are honestly the best thing ever. I couldn’t believe how easy they were to make or how delicious they were.
My family loves buffalo wings too, which presents a problem. I wasn’t sure that they would like these homemade versions as much as their favorite restaurant version. Well…they did! In fact, I have made these a couple of times now and they turn out deliciously perfect every time. And, there are absolutely no leftovers!
I did have to double the recipe to make plenty and they still licked the platter clean. I do love a good recipe that makes my family happy and this is definitely one of those. They loved it as much as they love my honey sriracha chicken.
This only takes about five minute to prep and then it cooks for about an hour and a half. It is absolutely perfect as an appetizer or a main course. I served it as my dinner meat the first time that I made it but I’ve done it as an appetizer for game night, too and it works just as well either way. If you love buffalo wings, then you just have to try out this recipe.
It honestly couldn’t be easier to make and your family is going to adore it. You can even serve it alongside these crockpot mashed potatoes as a meal and make your entire dinner an easy one to prepare.
Extra-Crispy Double-Fried Confit Buffalo Wings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Serving size: 9 oz (250 g)
Type: Appetizer Or Main
• 1 pound (500 g) of chicken wings
• 2 tbsps. of butter
• 1/3 cup of hot sauce
• Vegetable oil for frying
2. Transfer wings onto paper towels to drain and set aside for about an hour.
3. For the next frying, preheat oil to 200C/400F and fry the wings until golden and crispy.
Chicken wings are a cheap meal alternative and so easy to prepare
Double frying makes these the crispiest chicken wings ever!
Hot sauce and butter give the wings just the right kick of flavor
These are perfect for an appetizer for a main course
- Preheat oil to 140 degrees C (275F). Pat chicken wings dry and drop into hot oil. Using kitchen thermometer try to stay at 120C/240F, chicken wings for 20 minutes.
- Transfer wings onto paper towels to drain and set aside for about an hour.
- For the next frying, preheat oil to 200C/400F and fry the wings until golden and crispy.
- For the sauce, melt butter and hot sauce together. Pour over the wings immediately and serve as soon as possible.
Serving Size:9 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537 Total Fat: 28.5g Saturated Fat: 11.9g Cholesterol: 232mg Sodium: 1292mg Carbohydrates: 0.7g Fiber: 0.1g Sugar: 0.5g Protein: 65.9g