Tomato soup is a huge hit at my house. There is nothing that my family likes better than a steaming cup of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on cold, dreary days.
Believe it or not, I had never actually made my own tomato soup until recently that is.
I have always relied on canned tomato soup because I thought that making homemade tomato soup required so much more effort than it actually does.
When I tried this homemade tomato soup, I instantly fell in love. Not only is it really easy to make, my family absolutely adores it!
Anything that makes my family happy makes me happy, which is why this homemade tomato soup is now in my permanent recipe box. It really is that good and it only takes about 10 minutes to get it ready to cook.
There are so many wonderful flavors in here, and they all pair perfectly with those homemade grilled cheese sandwiches. And, if you are watching your carbs, this also pairs nicely with these yummy ham and cheese puffs.
I only made enough of this soup when I made it to serve for dinner. The next time I made it, I plan to make some extra and stick it in the freezer for a quick lunch warm-up meal.
My kids absolutely loved the flavor of this best tomato soup so I know that having some on hand for a quick lunch is going to be a fabulous idea.
Plus, there will be some left over for lunch the next day in the fridge. This is seriously such a popular soup at my house right now. The flavor is out of this world.
And if you want a tomato soup that has a bit more of a kick, be sure to try my easy one pot tomato tortellini soup, too.
Best tomato soup recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 400 g (14 oz)
1 white onion, chopped
4 tbsps. of butter
1 can (800g/28 oz) of canned tomatoes
4 cups of tomato juice
3-4 tbsps. of sugar
1 cup of chicken stock
½ cup of dry white wine
1 cup of full-fat cream
¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
1. Sauté chopped onion in melted butter until translucent. Add tomatoes and pour in tomato juice and chicken stock. Boil down for 20 minutes, season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
2. Blend the soup until smooth. Add dry white wine and full-fat cream. Cook for 5 minutes more, just to heat up.
3. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Fresh herbs and onion, not to mention white wine, give this tomato soup such a delicious flavor
Crushed canned tomatoes give this tomato soup its base
Just a touch of sugar really brings out the flavor of the tomatoes
Parsley and other flavorings just add to the delicious of this best tomato soup
- Sauté chopped onion in melted butter until translucent. Add tomatoes and pour in tomato juice and chicken stock. Boil down for 20 minutes, season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Blend the soup until smooth. Add dry white wine and full-fat cream. Cook for 5 minutes more, just to heat up.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Serving Size:14 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Total Fat: 9.4g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 697mg Carbohydrates: 27.2g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 7.1g