In my family, anytime I make chicken or pasta, people are happy. This chicken pasta recipe combined both of their favorites into one dish and they honestly couldn’t love it more. It takes less than an hour to make, which is perfect for those busy weeknights. You only need 10 minutes to get it ready for the oven and then you have half an hour to do other things, like laundry or helping the kids with their homework.
And when I say my family loved it, I really mean it. They instantly asked me when I was making it again!
I do love a wholesome family recipe, and especially one that is quick and easy to prepare. The prep on this one just couldn’t be easier. I mean, only 10 minutes to get it ready to cook? That is absolutely amazing to me and it combines pasta and chicken so you really don’t need much else to make an entire meal. I just added a salad and some quick and easy dinner rolls and the entire meal was a huge hit. Of course,
I did a nice dessert too – this blueberry pie. It’s been a favorite since the first day that I made it.
There are so many wonderful flavors in this dish. Just to look at the ingredients list, you would honestly think that this is a complicated recipe but it really isn’t. Cremini mushrooms, artichoke hearts and dry white wine give it an amazing flavor and it has almonds and so many other yummy ingredients. You have never had anything quite like this and I just can’t stress enough how very easy it is to make. And, it’s a meal in one and you know how I love one dish meals. Remember this cast iron skillet chicken pot pie? It’s a family favorite and this chicken pasta will become one, too.
Chicken Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 350 g (12 oz)
Type: Main Course
400 g (14 oz) of chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
¼ cup of butter
1 ½ cup of cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 cup of canned artichoke hearts
400 g (14 oz) pasta – any style
½ cup of parmesan, shredded
4 tbsps. of chopped parsley
¼ cup of chopped almonds
2 cups of dry white wine
1 cup of water
1. Cook chicken in melted butter over medium heat until it is slightly brown on the outside. Add water and wine, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Add sliced mushrooms and chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 10 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, cook your favorite pasta.
4. Mix pasta with the sauce and serve sprinkled with parsley, almonds and parmesan cheese.
Cremini mushrooms, dry white wine, artichoke hearts and white meat chicken give this pasta dish a fabulous flavor
Cooking chicken in melted butter helps to really bring out the flavor
Use any pasta that you like – although fettuccini is perfect for this chicken and pasta dish
Mix all of the cooked ingredients together and top with freshly shredded parmesan
Serve with salad and rolls or all by itself – your family will love it!
- Cook chicken in melted butter over medium heat until it is slightly brown on the outside. Add water and wine, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cook your favorite pasta.
- Mix pasta with the sauce and serve sprinkled with parsley, almonds and parmesan cheese.
Serving Size:12 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 922Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15.2gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 813mgCarbohydrates: 89.9gFiber: 14.6gSugar: 2gProtein: 53.7g