I love finding new ways to make old favorites. My kids have always been huge fans of oatmeal cookies, but I wanted something a bit healthier. I found these amazing oatmeal bars and I am so glad that I did. You only need about five minutes to get these ready to bake and then, instead of dropping them or shaping each cookie, you bake them all together and then slice when they are finished. This is a delicious and nutritious alternative to cookies and other sweets.
This recipe makes eight bars but that depends on how you cut them. If you want something a bit smaller for toddlers or younger children, you could easily get 12 bars from this one recipe, and there are not that many ingredients – you probably have everything you need in your kitchen right now. I promise your little ones are going to love these amazing oatmeal bars. Mine loved them as much as they loved these Oreo cheesecake bites!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes (+2 hours)
Yield: 8 bars
Serving size: 80 g (3 oz)
¾ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of white sugar
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1/3 cup of milk
2/3 cup of smooth peanut butter
2 ½ cups of instant oats
½ cup of melted dark chocolate
1. In a small pot, combine milk, oil, sugar and peanut butter together. Boil, whisking constantly over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
2. Combine oats with peanut butter mixture and spread in a 20×20 cm (8×8 inch) parchment covered baking pan.
3. Let cool down in fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Cut into 8 pieces and drizzle with melted chocolate before serving.
Oatmeal, peanut butter and melted dark chocolate make these the best tasting dessert bars ever
Just mix all of the ingredients together and then relax while they bake
Let the bars cool for a couple of hours after baking
Drizzle with melted dark chocolate to make them look and taste amazing
Yields 8 servings
Serves 3 oz (80g)
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups of instant oats
- ½ cup of melted dark chocolate
- In a small pot, combine milk, oil, sugar and peanut butter together. Boil, whisking constantly over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Combine oats with peanut butter mixture and spread in a 20x20 cm (8x8 inch) parchment covered baking pan.
- Let cool down in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 8 pieces and drizzle with melted chocolate before serving.