As a busy mom, I’m always looking for meals that I can cook my family that are fast but wholesome. I don’t get much time through the week to spend in the kitchen, so any time I find a delicious recipe that lets me use my slow cooker, I consider that a win. This creamy white chicken chili may just be my favorite recipe ever. Not only does it save me time in the kitchen, it allows me to feed my family a healthy, wholesome meal, even on weeknights when we have loads of things going on.
Chicken really is my go-to when I need something wholesome. There are just so many things that you can make with chicken and never have the same meal twice. Just take this baked chicken parmesan for instance. It’s also a delicious chicken meal – and really quick and easy to make – and it has a delicious flavor all its own. By the way, this one is also a family favorite. So back to the white chicken chili. This really is an amazingly easy recipe to make and you save so much time by doing most of the work in the slow cooker. You’ll have time to help the kids with their homework and even tackle that big pile of laundry while it cooks.
Total cooking time for this is around three and a half hours but you only need about five minutes to prep it and get it ready for the slow cooker. Talk about a time saver! And, this chili is absolutely delicious. It has garlic, white beans, chicken, and so many other wonderful ingredients that make it so delicious. It’s like middle of the week comfort food – and it’s perfect for those chilly evenings. By the way, you really need to try this salmon wellington. It’s also delicious and the perfect tight meal.
If you’re looking for a yummy recipe that’s quick and easy but gives you a really wholesome home cooked meal, this is definitely one you could get on board with. It’s easy and delicious and sure to please even your pickiest eater.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Total time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 10 oz (300 g)
1 pound (500 g) of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can of (300 g/10 oz) corn
10 oz (300 g) of cooked white beans
2 ½ cups of chicken stock
1 red chili pepper, diced
1 tsp. of cumin
1 tsp. of dried oregano
1 cup of sour cream
Fresh cilantro, chili flakes, and avocado for serving
1. Cut chicken breast into 6 large pieces.
2. Add chicken to the bottom of slow cooker and season with salt, cumin, and oregano. Top with vegetables. Pour chicken stock over.
3. Cover and cook for 3 hours on HIGH (or 6 on LOW).
4. Remove chicken onto a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return to slow cooker with a cup of sour cream. Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes more.
5. Serve with fresh cilantro, chili flakes and avocado slices.
Start with boneless, skinless chicken breast
White beans, red onions, and corn give this chili an amazing taste.
Just add all of your ingredients to the slow cooker and relax while dinner cooks itself!
Avocado and lime on the side give it beautiful color and add favor
It’s a family meal that’s delicious, wholesome and easy
Serves 10,5 oz (300g)
5 minPrep Time
3 hr, 15 Cook Time
3 hr, 20 Total Time
- 500 g (1 pound) of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of (300 g/10 oz) corn
- 300 g (10 oz) of cooked white beans
- 2 ½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 red chili pepper , diced
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Fresh cilantro , chili flakes , and avocado for serving
- Cut chicken breast into 6 large pieces.
- Add chicken to the bottom of slow cooker and season with salt, cumin, and oregano. Top with vegetables. Pour chicken stock over.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on HIGH (or 6 on LOW).
- Remove chicken onto a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return to slow cooker with a cup of sour cream. Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, chili flakes and avocado slices.