Every once in a while I find a recipe that I just can’t wait to share. This is definitely one of those. These pulled pork brisket sliders are the best appetizers that I have ever tried. Honestly, my family loved them, I loved them, even my neighbors loved them.
They were so good the first time that I made them that I decided to share at a little gettogether party and everyone absolutely adored them. Not only do they have that great pulled pork barbecue flavor, they are super easy to make.
You will need about 30 minutes of prep time to get the pork ready and to shred it once it has cooked. Other than that, you just need about nine hours for the crockpot to do its thing. The pork cooks perfectly in the slow cooker and will literally fall apart when you start to shred it. Honestly, if these aren’t the best little barbecue sliders you have ever tried, then I don’t know what to tell you.
They are the easiest and most delicious sliders I have ever eaten. And, if you are planning a party or having appetizer night at home, these serve really well with these yummy zucchini balls.
I don’t do a lot of barbecue at my house – you just never know if kids are going to eat it or not. Well, I decided to try these for family night – where we have appetizers for dinner – and to my surprise, all of my kids loved them.
So, now I have a great easy to make slider recipe that will please everyone in the house. I’m planning to take these along to an office party soon and I am sure that everyone there will love them, too. And, they are the perfect party food when you serve them with these Oreo cheesecake bites.
Pulled Brisket Sliders
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 9 hours
Total time: 9 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
500 g (1 pound) pork shoulder;
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves; minced
2 cups of tomato passata
2 tbsps. of brown sugar
1 tsps. of ground cumin
1 tbsps. of ground coriander
½ tsp. of dried oregano
1 tbsp. of paprika
1 cup of water
1. Season a piece of pork with salt and pepper and quickly brown in a pan over high heat.
2. Add tomato passata, spices, garlic and onion into a slow cooker pot. Add browned pork.
3. Cook for 9 hours on LOW.
4. Remove pork and shred it with a fork. Add shredded meat to the sauce, taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
5. Serve on a bun with simple cabbage coleslaw and sliced pickles.
Fresh pork and spices give these little sliders the best barbecue taste!
The pork cooks up brown and tender in the crockpot.
Pull the pork apart – just like your favorite barbecue place
Serve these on slider buns with yummy coleslaw or your favorite pulled pork toppings
- 500 g (1 pound) pork shoulder;
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves; minced
- 2 cups of tomato passata
- 2 tbsps. of brown sugar
- 1 tsps. of ground cumin
- 1 tbsps. of ground coriander
- ½ tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 cup of water
- Slider buns, pickles, coleslaw to serve
- Season a piece of pork with salt and pepper and quickly brown in a pan over high heat.
- Add tomato passata, spices, garlic and onion into a slow cooker pot. Add browned pork.
- Cook for 9 hours on LOW.
- Remove pork and shred it with a fork. Add shredded meat to the sauce, taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve on a bun with simple cabbage coleslaw and sliced pickles.
Serving Size:4.5 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 8.8gSaturated Fat: 3.1gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 5.6gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 16.8g