I really love a good meatball recipe. I serve them as appetizers when we have appetizer night sometimes and often just pair them with pasta or mashed potatoes for a main course.
Whether you want a party meatball recipe or something that you can serve your family that is delicious and quick and easy to make, I have the perfect meatball recipe for you. These yummy meatballs only take about 15 minutes to get ready and then you cook them in the crock pot for about four hours. What could possibly be easier?
Meatball recipes are so different. Many have jellies and barbecue sauce while others have homemade sauces that are so yummy. This particular recipe has an amazing homemade glaze that has honey, soy sauce and ketchup and you simply won’t believe how good they taste.
These would be great served with some egg noodles or just have them to serve at your next party. They are very versatile and honestly, the recipe just couldn’t be easier to make. If you are like me, you love a good crock pot recipe.
Just take a look at these 25 fast and easy crock pot recipes that I collected. They let you put a wholesome dinner on the table even on your busiest days.
The glaze is really what sets these meatballs apart from others. The meatballs themselves don’t have bread crumbs or eggs like traditional meatballs. They are just balls of pure meat and the glaze makes them amazing.
If you really love trying new recipes then I highly recommend that you give this one a go. Your family is going to love this whether you serve them by themselves or top pasta or mashed potatoes with them. And be sure to check out this homemade blueberry pie as a great dessert idea.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 125 g (4.5 oz)
1. Season minced beef with salt and pepper and roll into 12-15 meatballs. Brown meatballs in a pan over high heat.
2. Transfer pre-cooked meatballs into a slow cooker.
3. Combine honey with apricot jam, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
4. Pour the glaze over meatballs, cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Serve sprinkled with chili flakes and green onions.
Ground beef and spices give these meatballs a wonderful flavor
Homemade glaze with honey, soy sauce and ketchup really sets these meatballs apart from others
Just pour the glaze over your meatballs and the crock pot does all of the work for you
Homemade meatballs are a great treat any time of the day or night
- Season minced beef with salt and pepper and roll into 12-15 meatballs. Brown meatballs in a pan over high heat.
- Transfer pre-cooked meatballs into a slow cooker.
- Combine honey with apricot jam, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour the glaze over meatballs, cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Serve sprinkled with chili flakes and green onions.
Serving Size:4.5 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 7.9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 877mgCarbohydrates: 45.1gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 38.9gProtein: 39.3g