I love a good beef stew. In fact, this is one of my favorite wintertime comfort foods. There is just something so great about sitting by the fireplace and enjoying a warm bowl of beef stew while it’s snowing outside.
If you love beef stew too, and you don’t have a great recipe, I have one for you. This beef stew is done in the slow cooker so there is very little hands on time for you. You only need about 20 minutes to get everything ready and then it cooks for about eight hours or so.
This is honestly the easiest beef stew to make and it has all of the traditional goodies in it. From the chuck roast to the carrots, leeks and onions, it is full of flavor. And it has white wine that gives it a wonderful taste when it all cooks together – don’t worry, the alcohol from the wine will cook right out. If you love beef stew, this is definitely a recipe that you will want to try.
It’s so easy to cook and it tastes divine. My family loved it and have begged me to make it again – and I don’t mind because it’s so very easy. I served these chocolate chip cookies for dessert and really won the Mom prize.
When it’s cold outside, this beef stew will definitely warm you up. And, it’s a meal all in one so you don’t have to stand in the kitchen preparing other foods. This is a great mid week meal when you just don’t have time to prepare a wholesome family dinner.
If you have any leftovers, they freeze perfectly so you can enjoy it later. Just pop it in the microwave and warm it up for a few minutes and you have a wholesome meal all over again. And, if you are going to be in the kitchen for a while, why not bake up some delicious lemon glazed zucchini bread to serve for dessert?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 hours
Total time: 8-10 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 400 g (14 oz)
• 2 kg (4 pounds) of beef chuck roast, cut into cubes
• 1 large white onion, sliced
• 1 leek (white part), sliced
• 1 large carrot, chopped
• 2 tbsps. of tomato paste
• 3 bay leaves
• 1 cup of water
• ½ cup of dry white wine
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all of the listed ingredients, including the liquids, in a slow cooker pot. Season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
2. Cover with a lid and stew on LOW for 8-10 hours or until beef is tender and falling apart.
3. Optional: you can use any kind of broth instead of water and double the amount of it if you want to get a “soupier” stew.
Fresh carrots, onion, and leeks give this beef stew a wonderful flavor
Mix all of your ingredients and place in a slow cooker
Your stew cooks all by itself
Delicious and wholesome beef stew with just 20 minutes of prep time!
- Combine all of the listed ingredients, including the liquids, in a slow cooker pot. Season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cover with a lid and stew on LOW for 8-10 hours or until beef is tender and falling apart.
- Optional: you can use any kind of broth instead of water and double the amount of it if you want to get a “soupier” stew.
Serving Size:14 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 947 Total Fat: 69.6g Saturated Fat: 27.7g Cholesterol: 258mg Sodium: 176mg Carbohydrates: 6.7g Fiber: 1.3g Sugar: 2.8g Protein: 66.2g