I have been trying to fix my family healthier food choices lately. There are so many wonderful recipes out there for main dishes, sides and even desserts that are healthier than what we normally eat, so I decided to try a few of them. When I found this roasted cauliflower recipe, I was a bit skeptical.
You see, I have some very picky eaters in my family. While they want to eat healthier, they just don’t like cauliflower as a general rule. But, I tried it anyway and I was really surprised that my picky eaters liked it. I mean, I love cauliflower so I knew that I would like it, but we’re talking about kids who are so picky!
So, since I have made this, I have been asked by my family when we are having it again. The recipe was such a huge hit that I just had to share it with you all. If you want a really delicious, really healthy and super easy side dish that can accompany just about any meal, this is it.
You only need about 10 minutes to get the cauliflower ready to cook and then it roasts for about an hour. And I’m not kidding about it going well with other dishes. I made it with this cast iron skillet chicken pot pie and it was delicious.
This isn’t just plain roasted cauliflower, it has so many delicious ingredients in it that your kids may not even know what they are eating. This is a great way to get them to eat more veggies. With onion, garlic, cheese, parsley, and thyme, it has a delicious flavor that is sure to become a hit at your house like it did at mine.
I think this would be wonderful with chicken or beef and you can make it as a side for any type of main course, even casseroles. It would be a wonderfully healthy side dish to serve along with this crispy garlic parmesan salmon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Serving size: 170 g (6 oz)
Type: Appetizer, Side dish
1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
1 medium white onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp. of olive oil
½ cup of cheese, shredded
1 tsp. of dried parsley
1 tsp. of dried thyme
1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 220C (430F). Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine cauliflower florets with sliced onion, unpeeled garlic cloves and olive oil. Season with salt, dried herbs and vinegar. Stir to combine and spread all over the baking sheet evenly.
3. Bake vegetables for 35-40 minutes, sprinkle with cheese and leave in the oven for 10 minutes more.
Parsley, cheese, thyme and other ingredients make this a cauliflower dish unlike anything you have ever tasted
Chop cauliflower and mix with onion, garlic and olive oil
Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown
Add cheese and return to oven to melt
A healthy and delicious side dish that your family is sure to love
- Preheat your oven to 430F (220C). Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cauliflower florets with sliced onion, unpeeled garlic cloves and olive oil. Season with salt, dried herbs and vinegar. Stir to combine and spread all over the baking sheet evenly.
- Bake vegetables for 35-40 minutes, sprinkle with cheese and leave in the oven for 10 minutes more.
Serving Size:6 oz
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 93 Total Fat: 5.6g Saturated Fat: 2.3g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 89mg Carbohydrates: 7.7g Fiber: 2.9g Sugar: 3.2g Protein: 4.6g