My family loves Nutella. There is just something about that chocolaty hazelnut spread that they can’t get enough of. Seriously, I may have to invest in the company just to keep it on hand. While I rarely get to cook with my Nutella – because the kids just won’t leave it alone – I did recently find this amazing recipe for the most adorable Nutella holiday cake. This is just perfect for Christmas parties or for a nice Christmas dinner dessert choice.
So, this Nutella tree takes about 20 minutes to get ready and then another 20 minutes to bake. It’s made from sheets of puff pastry with yummy Nutella spread on and cut into the shape of a tree. How adorable is that for the holidays? If you wanted, you could also spread a bit of homemade buttercream frosting on this and decorate with some buttercream frosting decorations, although it’s really just as delicious on its own. For another delicious Nutella recipe, check out these amazing chocolate Nutella banana muffins.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 125 g (4.4 oz)
2 sheets of puff pastry
½ cup of Nutella
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 220C (430F).
2. Cut puff pastry sheets into the shape of a Christmas tree.
3. Cover one puff pastry tree with a layer of Nutella and lay another sheet on top. Cut out small slits on both sides of the tree, leaving the center untouched.
4. Twist each strip, brush Christmas tree with beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Just four ingredients are needed to make this delicious Nutella tree
Start by cutting your puff pastry into a Christmas tree shape
Spread Nutella on the tree and then cover with another puff pastry tree
Crimp the sides to look like evergreen trees with a fork
The tree bakes up brown and delicious with melted Nutella inside
Serves 4.4 oz (125 g)
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of Nutella
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 220C (430F).
- Cut puff pastry sheets into the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Cover one puff pastry tree with a layer of Nutella and lay another sheet on top. Cut out small slits on both sides of the tree, leaving the center untouched.
- Twist each strip, brush Christmas tree with beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.