I love peach cobbler, especially if you top it with ice cream. I’ve been making peach cobbler for years but never have I found a recipe that is as easy to make as this one. Not only is this simple, it’s delicious and my family will agree. This only takes 10 minutes to get ready for the oven and when it comes out all golden brown, it’s the most delicious peach cobbler you will ever eat. If you love peach cobbler – or any cobbler actually – you will absolutely love this recipe. And if you don’t like peaches, you can substitute blackberries, blueberries or any other fruit for this one.
My family loves it when I try new dessert recipes. They really gobbled up this blueberry pie and they really love this new peach cobbler recipe, too. Fresh peaches give this cobbler a wonderful flavor but if you don’t have any fresh ones on hand – or if they are out of season – you can use frozen or canned peaches.
Just be sure to drain them well so that you don’t have too much liquid in the recipe. This recipe also uses buttermilk, which gives it a really rich taste and has poppy seeds – which are totally optional.
You bake the cobbler in a springform pan and it comes out beautifully. Topped with vanilla bean ice cream – homemade is even better – this is probably one of the easiest and most delicious desserts you could serve your family.
I actually served it for dessert after this salmon wellington and my family thought they were in heaven. Yours will, too, especially if you top it with homemade ice cream or homemade whipped topping. This is such a light and yummy cobbler – it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Serving size: 300 g (10 oz)
2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
2 tbsps. of butter
1 cup of flour
1 ½ tsps. of baking powder
2/3 cup of sugar
1 cup of buttermilk
A pinch of vanilla powder
2 tbsps. of poppy seeds
Cinnamon powder and ice-cream for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 degrees C).
2. Whisk flour, vanilla and baking powder together. Mix dry ingredients with room temperature buttermilk and sugar. Add poppy seeds.
3. Fill two 5-inch spring forms with melted butter and add the batter over (without mixing). Place sliced peaches on top.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden on top. Serve warm, sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with vanilla ice-cream.
Fresh peaches give this cobbler such a warm and inviting flavor
Whisk dry ingredients together and add buttermilk
Butter the bottom of two springform pans and then add cobbler batter
The peaches cook on top of the batter and give the cobbler a beautiful finished look
These little cobblers serve up so beautifully and are delicious when topped with vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 F).
- Whisk flour, vanilla and baking powder together. Mix dry ingredients with room temperature buttermilk and sugar. Add poppy seeds.
- Fill two 5-inch spring forms with melted butter and add the batter over (without mixing). Place sliced peaches on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden on top. Serve warm, sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with vanilla ice-cream.
Serving Size:10 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 741 Total Fat: 17.5g Saturated Fat: 8.5g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 273mg Carbohydrates: 136.7g Fiber: 4.9g Sugar: 88.2g Protein: 13.6g