Have I mentioned how much I love recipes that take very little time to make? If you’re like me, you just don’t have time every night to spend hours in the kitchen cooking up delicious homemade meals.
That’s where this easy chicken pasta skillet comes in. It’s a delicious meal in a skillet that only takes half an hour to make. Imagine a complete meal in just half an hour!
When I made this, my family loved it. Not only does it have delicious chicken and pasta, it’s seasoned with oregano and fresh basil, so it has a wonderfully Italian taste. You can use any pasta that you prefer from bow ties to tortellini and it tastes just as good.
I used bow ties because that’s what my family prefers but again, add whatever you like. I love recipes that are somewhat flexible and this is one of them. You can make these hazelnut cheesecake bars for dessert!
With a prep time of just five minutes – just five minutes to get it ready to cook – this is one of the fastest and easiest dinner recipes that I’ve ever tried. And let me tell you, it really does only take five minutes to get it ready. Then you just let it simmer and keep an eye on it to ensure that your pasta doesn’t get overdone.
That’s it – it really is a simple recipe and one that is perfect for those busy nights when you just don’t have time for a long cooking session. Plus, it would go wonderfully with these crunchy parmesan garlic baked potatoes.
If you’re looking for a simple and fast recipe that will put a wholesome meal on the table in a jiffy, this is definitely it. I love chicken and pasta recipes in general but this one in particular is a favorite to me and my family.
You just can’t go wrong when you serve chicken and pasta and this recipe will rival anything that you can get at Olive Garden or any other fancy restaurant.
Chicken Pasta Skillet
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 300 g (10 oz)
1 large chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 tbsps. of olive oil
300 g (10 oz) of dried pasta
350 g (12 oz) of tomato sauce
350 ml (12 oz) of water
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 tbsp. of dried oregano
Fresh basil for serving
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced chicken breast, season with salt and dried oregano then sauté until no longer pink.
2. Add pasta, tomato sauce and water. Stir, cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the pasta is done. Don’t forget to stir regularly to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom.
3. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and let it melt. Serve with fresh basil.
Chicken, pasta and cheese give you a wonderful one pot dish.
Brown chicken with salt and oregano in olive oil
Add chicken to pasta with tomato sauce and seasonings
Top with shredded mozzarella
A wholesome and delicious meal that the entire family will love
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced chicken breast, season with salt and dried oregano then sauté until no longer pink.
- Add pasta, tomato sauce and water. Stir, cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the pasta is done. Don’t forget to stir regularly to prevent pasta from sticking to the bottom.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and let it melt. Serve with fresh basil.
Serving Size:10 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 14.7gSaturated Fat: 4.8gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 31.2gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 2.6gProtein: 32.4g