Fritters are delicious no matter how you make them. I remember my mother cooking fritters when I was younger and they were my favorites. Of course, today I try to eat a bit healthier and although I love fritters, I just don’t allow myself to have them too often because they are filled with carbs.
Well, until now, that is. I found a wonderful recipe for cauliflower fritters that are just as delicious as the ones I remember from my childhood…only these don’t have all the carbs.
These are so easy to make, too and even my picky eaters love them. You’ll need less than half an hour to cook up a batch and they’re great served with sour cream – or plain nonfat yogurt if you’re really watching your calories and fat.
I love finding a delicious recipe that is as tasty as it is healthy and this one is definitely one of those. Remember my zucchini tortillas? These cauliflower fritters follow the same great taste, healthy choice concept.
Sharp cheddar cheese and garlic make such an impact on these fritters. They are truly one of the most delicious healthy foods I’ve ever made and they go with just about anything. I like having them on hand for a quick snack, but you could absolutely make them part of any meal.
If you need something crunchy with your salad, try these instead of crackers. They’re so yummy and so much healthier and less fat-filled than crackers. Oh, and while you’re at it, take a look at this really delicious and super healthy vegan burritos recipe.
You’re going to love these fritters and so is your family. And, if you are growing cauliflower in your garden, this is the perfect way to prepare it. Plus, you could make these up ahead of time and even freeze them for later. One medium head of cauliflower makes several fritters!
Cauliflower Fritters Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Serving size: 230 g (8 oz)
1. Shred or process cauliflower florets in a food processor until fully minced.
2. Transfer minced cauliflower into a large bowl and combine with the rest of ingredients: 2 eggs, cheese, flour, baking powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Mix everything well until thick paste forms.
4. Heat some vegetable oil over medium heat. Measure about ¼ cup of cauliflower batter, place it into a pan and flatten with a spoon. Fry each patty for about 2 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer onto a paper towels to absorb any excess fat.
Optional: Serve sprinkled with chopped greens and yogurt/sour cream.
Shredded cauliflower is the base for these healthy fritters
Add eggs, cheese and other ingredients and create a pasty dough
Fry your fritters in vegetable oil – or peanut oil for a healthier option
Serve topped with chopped green onions with a side of sour cream
- Shred or process cauliflower florets in a food processor until fully minced.
- Transfer minced cauliflower into a large bowl and combine with the rest of ingredients: 2 eggs, cheese, flour, baking powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well until thick paste forms.
- Heat some vegetable oil over medium heat. Measure about ¼ cup of cauliflower batter, place it into a pan and flatten with a spoon. Fry each patty for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer onto a paper towels to absorb any excess fat.
Serve sprinkled with chopped greens and yogurt/sour cream.
Serving Size:230 g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 126 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 9mg Sodium: 177mg Carbohydrates: 14g Protein: 6g