The holidays are a time to celebrate many things, but one of them is definitely food. Whether we’re talking about complex recipes or simple crafts, there is no time like the present to break out the treats.
When you are ready to start with your Christmas crafting, we have got a treat in store for you—an exclusive video which teaches you how you can make everything from a sleigh to a wreath using ordinary candy canes. These crafts are as fun as they are delicious. Check it out!
Hot glue and glue gun
Kit Kat bars
Other treats of your choice
Bows and embellishments
1. Get a Kit Kat bar (or any treat with a similar size and shape), and lay it flat. Then hot glue a couple of candy canes to it on the bottom.
2. Stack some more candy containers on top.
3. Add a chocolate Santa.
4. Tie a ribbon around the sleigh to hold everything together. Add any extra embellishments you want, and you have an amazing little candy sleigh!
Candy Cane Heart Ornament
1. Glue two candy canes together in a heart shape.
2. Add some craft straw or any other embellishments you want.
3. Affix some twine to it so you can hang it on the tree.
Candy Cane Treble Clefs
1. Get a single candy cane and a single pipe cleaner.
2. Shape the pipe cleaner into a kind of swirly “S” shape. It will form part of the treble clef when combined with the candy cane.
3. Glue the pipe cleaner and the candy cane together to form the completed treble clef.
This is the perfect craft to decorate the tree of any music lover!
“Merry Christmas” Candy Canes
1. Glue two candy canes together.
2. Glue a third candy cane to the back to provide more stability.
Once you have tied on a bow and added a gift tag which reads “Merry Christmas,” you can prop it up as holiday décor, perhaps to greet guests in your foyer for your Christmas party.
Candy Cane Wreath
1. Glue two candy canes into a heart shape.
2. Do this a number of times with more pairs of candy canes.
3. Glue them all together in a circle.
4. Mount a snowflake ornament (or anything else you want) in the center.
You now have a fabulous wreath!
I hope you enjoy making all of these awesome candy cane crafts! These are really easy projects, so they are great to do with your kids (just make sure they don’t eat all the supplies)!