Halloween is almost here! The spookiest time of the year is also one of the best times of the year for getting out your crafting supplies and getting busy. There are so many fun things you can make!
To get started, I have a great project for you below to turn a flower pot into a jack-o-lantern. If you have fun doing that (and you will), you should also check out this list of DIY haunted house props and this video tutorial for 5 more easy Halloween crafts you can make using simple, everyday supplies. Now, onto the video!
1. Start by turning a flower pot upside-down and applying some hot glue to the base. You can use any flower pot, but I recommend a ceramic one, as this will give you the nicest effect.
2. Glue the burlap onto the bottom of the flower pot. The burlap should be sort of leaf-shaped.
3. Now, on top of that, glue your fake flowers.
4. Glue on the fake leaves. Technically, you can add these items in any order. Go based off of the exact items you have and whatever you want for the final appearance.
5. Add glue to the base of the cinnamon stick, and then stand it up in the center. It is the “stem” of the pumpkin.
6. Tie some straw around the cinnamon stick with a small glass pearl as an embellishment.
7. Cut black construction paper in the shape of eyes and a mouth, and glue it onto the pot.
You now have a super cute jack-o-lantern made out of a ceramic flower pot! The earthy tones of this piece keep it subtle and grounded enough to fit in even with sophisticated décor. But it adds a splash of fun for the Halloween season!
See what you can do with simple supplies, a little imagination, and some Halloween spirit? What’s great about these flower pot pumpkins is that no two look the same. Play around with different fake leaves and flowers and see what kinds of effects you can get.