I was visiting an old friend a few years ago and I just fell in love with her garden. It was actually my daughter who spotted the cute little fairy houses she had among the undergrowth and the flowers. When I saw them I was just amazed! They made her whole garden so magical. It made me want to do the same thing with my garden.
I’ve already featured a couple of projects on the site which I’ve tried, like this fairy garden tree house and this fairy house made of plastic bottles. And now I have another one to share with you from the talented Creative Mom!
• Empty glass jar with lid
• Aluminum foil
• Air dry paper clay <-- DIY Recipe for non cracking paper clay for these projects!
• Hot glue
1. Clean your glass jar with soap and hot water.
2. Glue on foil and cardboard to create the shape of the log house.
3. Once you have the basic shape you want, start adding the clay. You can work in one layer or two.
4. Use water to make smoother surfaces and to add some shine.
5. Once you have the house molded and textured to your satisfaction, you can paint it using watercolors or acrylics.
6. If you go with watercolors, be sure to seal the finished result with varnish or hair spray (if the house will go outside where it might get wet, varnish is a must regardless).
7. Use nail polish to paint the lid so it looks like a section of tree.
That’s all there is to it! What an amazing transformation from a plain old glass jar into something breathtakingly magical!
Beautiful! I love your creativity! I will be making the Jar Fairy House. Thank you so much for sharing!
Sharon Jordan Parker
thank you for the demo it is verycute and will be making them for my greatgrand daughters cant wait to see there faces with this i will be on the great nana's list for a long time thank you again have a farie day sharon
Nancy A Olsen
Wow !! Wonderful tutorial !! Can air dry clay do outside ! Thank you
ok for real this is like the coolest thing I've ever seen, but will NEVER do because I don't have that kind of skill. But awesome!