How do you relax after a long, stressful day? My favorite thing to do is climb into a warm bath and have a nice long soak.
But one thing I have been sorely lacking is a bath tray. But now I don’t need to go out and buy one, because I just found out how to make one from scratch.
One amazing husband over in Imgur made an incredible present for his wife. Now available on their Etsy store. Starting out with a simple plank of wood, he designed her the most beautiful bath tray ever. Here’s how you can make one for yourself or someone special in your life:
1. Start out with a plank of wood.
2. Cut two pieces measuring 32” and sand them. Smooth out the corners.
3. Add some grooves which can be used to hold a tablet or other device (you can customize this step to fit your needs).
4. Start working on the holes which can be used to hold a glass or a mug.
5. This particular design holds the wine glasses with the stems hanging beneath. So a jig saw needs to be used to cut a channel to slide in the glasses. This is a smart design because it is harder to accidentally knock over a glass.
6. Next, add recesses to hold candles.
7. Glue on some cork to serve as feet. This will prevent slippage on the bathtub edges.
8. Add your wood finish.
… And here is the finished wine bath tray!
Isn’t it breathtaking? Stunning work here—and very inspiring! Enjoy making one of your own and luxuriating in the many relaxing baths that follow! Props to Etsy user AlphaDesignCO for sharing the tutorial on imgur, if you want to buy the bath tray you can order it from Etsy.