This time of year, potluck is all the rage. I can’t tell you how many family reunions, church homecomings and school team functions I got to every year. And every year I struggle to find the perfect potluck dish to bring along. Well this year, I won’t be struggling thanks to this amazing quinoa chili recipe.
I tried this one out on my family – those poor little guinea pigs – and they loved it. I will definitely be bringing this to the next potluck I attend and maybe even a chili cook-off or two.
I love cooking, I really do. Nothing brings me more joy than to see my family or friends enjoying a meal that I have created. Well, nothing except easy recipes, which is why I really love this one.
You can have it on the table in about half an hour – how’s that for quick and easy? If you’re looking for another quick and easy soup recipe, you just have to try this yummy white bean with bacon soup. It really is delicious and so easy to make.
With red onion, quinoa, white beans, corn, and chicken – not to mention the flavorings – this is definitely going to be a hit at your next potluck or the dinner table. Since it’s so quick and easy to make, it’s also a great go-to dinner when you need something fast for those busy weeknights.
This crispy parmesan salmon is also quick and easy and utterly filled with vitamins and nutrients.
So, back to the chili – this is an amazing recipe that is filled with flavor and won’t take you long at all in the kitchen. The next time you have a family reunion or other potluck dinner coming up, I hope you’ll make this – everyone will love it.
Delicious Quinoa Chili Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 7 oz (200 g)
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. of olive oil
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of white beans, cooked
1 cup of canned corn
1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
1 tsp. of garlic powder
2 tsps. of paprika
2 tbsps. of tomato paste
4 cups of chicken stock
3 chicken thighs, deboned, minced
Sour cream and fresh parsley for serving
1. In a large pot, sweat chopped onion in preheated olive oil. Add minced chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Add seasonings, chili and tomato paste.
3. Mix in beans, corn and quinoa. Pour chicken stock over. Cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked.
4. Serve with chopped parsley and a dollop of sour cream.
White beans, quinoa, and corn give this chili awesome flavor.
Seasonings like garlic powder and paprika just add to the flavor.
Mix all ingredients and cook until quinoa is cooked well.
Top with sour cream, parsley, or whatever suits you.
Delicious chili that’s perfect for family dinners or larger get-togethers.
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of white beans, cooked
- 1 cup of canned corn
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tsps. of paprika
- 2 tbsps. of tomato paste
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 3 chicken thighs, deboned, minced
- Sour cream and fresh parsley for serving
- In a large pot, sweat chopped onion in preheated olive oil. Add minced chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add seasonings, chili and tomato paste.
- Mix in beans, corn and quinoa. Pour chicken stock over. Cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Serve with chopped parsley and a dollop of sour cream.
Serving Size:7 oz (200 g)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 367 Total Fat: 7.1g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 432mg Carbohydrates: 51.7g Fiber: 10.7g Sugar: 3.8g Protein: 26g