I’ll admit – I’m a huge pasta lover. I mean, I could eat just about any type of pasta that you put in front of me, which is why I really love these meatballs. Even if you don’t like pasta, you can make these spicy cheesy meatballs as a main course. They don’t require pasta after all, but I served them with angel hair and my family loved them.
These aren’t your regular meatballs. They’re filled with delicious flavor from so many wonderful ingredients. My mom makes a similar recipe, although those don’t have cheese. You just have to have cheese! Take this cheesy cabbage casserole for instance. Without the cheese, it wouldn’t have near the flavor – and that’s the same thing as these meatballs. They have a wonderful spicy flavor but the cheese is what really makes them delicious.
With hot sauce, parsley and mozzarella, you are sure to adore the flavor of these little meatballs. The delicious sauce is made with ketchup and honey and makes them even tastier. These are a wonderful choice when you need comfort food. The savory flavor is just perfect for warming you up on a cool evening, much like my white bean with crispy bacon soup. When you need comfort foods you want something warm and delicious and these meatballs are definitely that.
It only takes about half an hour to get these on the table and your family is really going to thank you for them. They’re so easy to make and you get about 20 meatballs per recipe, perfect for family dinners. You could also make these ahead – everything but the sauce – and freeze them so you always have some on hand. I have a batch or two in my freezer right now just waiting to be served.
Spicy Cheesy Meatballs Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 5 servings – 4 meatballs each
Serving size: 250 g (8.8 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
2. Make homemade all-purpose baking mix by combining flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
3. Mix meatballs ingredients together until uniform doughy mass forms.
4. Divide and roll mixture to make 20 meatballs. Place each on a lined sheet pan.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of baking, cover each meatball with a glaze made from spicy ketchup and honey.
Start with ground beef or ground chuck if you want a heathier option.
You make your own all-purpose baking mix – which you can totally use for other recipes, too.
Mix ingredients well to ensure that each bite is delicious.
Roll into meatballs whatever size you want depending on how many you need.
Bake meatballs to golden perfection.
Glaze meatballs right before they come out of the oven.
Serve alone or with your favorite side dishes.
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- A pinch of salt and sugar
- 1 pound (500 g) ground beef
- 2 tbsps. of hot sauce
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Make homemade all-purpose baking mix by combining flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Mix meatballs ingredients together until uniform doughy mass forms.
- Divide and roll mixture to make 20 meatballs. Place each on a lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of baking, cover each meatball with a glaze made from spicy ketchup and honey.
Serving Size:4 meatballs
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2390 Total Fat: 51.8g Saturated Fat: 22.8g Cholesterol: 502mg Sodium: 1157mg Carbohydrates: 256.6g Fiber: 8.8g Sugar: 8.4g Protein: 212g