With a prep time of just 15 minutes, these slow cooker mozzarella meatballs are the perfect complement to any pasta dish. I love anything that I can throw into the slow cooker. It just saves so much time and you can have wholesome meals throughout the week, even if you’re just too busy to spend hours in the kitchen.
These cook for just over two hours, giving you time to help the kids with their homework or do whatever you need. They’re also perfect for Sunday dinner and give you loads of time to relax while they’re cooking.
You know what would be an awesome dessert after a meal of these scrumptious meatballs? This blueberry pie! Have you made this yet? It’s so easy and oh so delicious. Anyway, back to the meatballs.
They’re made with chicken! That’s right – chicken – which is much healthier than beef and makes a delicious meatball.
With wonderful flavorings, mozzarella, and Italian styled tomato sauce, these meatballs are sure to be the hit of your next spaghetti dinner. Instead of making plain old pasta sauce, spice it up a bit and add these cheesy meatballs.
Your family is really going to thank you for it. And you’ll love making them because they’re just so easy. Almost as easy as this slow cooker bean and bacon soup.
This recipe serves five but you could adjust it if needed to make more. These are going to be such a hit that you’ll definitely want to learn to at least double the recipe.
You could also make them up ahead of time and freeze them – just the meatballs – and then add them to your slow cooker when you’re ready to cook. The recipe is so easy and with just a 15 minute prep time, this is sure to become your favorite meatball recipe.
Slow Cooker Mozzarella Meatballs Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 10 oz (300 g)
1. Mix minced chicken, parsley, breadcrumbs, cheese, flour, eggs and cream. Season with generous pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Form 10 patties, top each one with mozzarella and roll to form a meatball.
3. Pour 1/3 of sauce on the bottom of slow cooker, place half of meatballs, pour another 1/3, place meatballs, and pour leftover sauce.
4. Cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours. Optionally top with more cheese and parsley before serving.
Assemble your ingredients ahead of time to save a few steps in the kitchen.
Mix minced chicken with breadcrumbs, eggs, and other ingredients to form meatballs.
Form chicken mixture into patties and add mozzarella to each one and roll into a ball.
Add to slow cooker with tomato sauce and other ingredients and relax while it cooks.
Top with shredded cheese and parsley.
Serve alone or with your favorite pasta.
- Mix minced chicken, parsley, breadcrumbs, cheese, flour, eggs and cream. Season with generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Form 10 patties, top each one with mozzarella and roll to form a meatball.
- Pour 1/3 of sauce on the bottom of slow cooker, place half of meatballs, pour another 1/3, place meatballs, and pour leftover sauce.
- Cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours. Optionally top with more cheese and parsley before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 396 Total Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 65g Protein: 21g