This wine cork snowflake Christmas ornament is the ultimate glittery addition to your holiday tree this year. It's an inexpensive way to add some festive cheer to your home this season. You can make these snowflakes to use for decorating, add them to gifts, or simply give them as a gift all by itself!
Wine Cork Snowflake Christmas Ornament
This wine cork ornament is a fun craft that will put you in the holiday spirit. The project requires just a few wine corks, some ribbon, glue, and glitter to create a gorgeous addition to your tree, gifting, or to help build a winter wonderland in your home.
This winter craft is so simple and affordable you can make them for everyone you know! If you enjoy crafting for the holidays with cork, make sure you also check out our wine cork snowman ornament or this huge list of wine cork crafts that can be made any time of the year. Christmas is just the perfect time to start crafting and upcycling items to help save a bit of money!
What Can I Paint the Cork With?
While you don't have to paint the corks for this craft, it can be a nice addition to make the theme match. You can easily match the paint to your glitter and ribbon colors.
If you decide to paint them, I recommend doing so after they have been glued together. Then, you can spray pain them or use a good acrylic craft paint. You want something that is thick and stable and not water-based. I've even seen people use leftover house paint, inside or outside. A paint with glitter in the paint can be used to a different look or you can also spray the corks with glitter spray.
Can I Use Fake Snow Instead of Glitter?
Absolutely! If you prefer something different than glitter, fake snow is a great option. Just spray the snow onto the cork after you have assembled the ornament.
There are a few options of fake snow including a spray kind in a can or a bottle that you would apply with a paintbrush. You can even use the fake foam or batting style that can easily be attached with hot glue.
Whatever you choose to add to your snowflakes is all about making them match your own decor theme and sparkle against the holiday lights on your tree!
What’s The Best Way to Hang This?
One of the best things about this ornament is that it already has a ribbon attached for hanging. Of course, if you don't want to hang with the ribbon, you can use other options.
A traditional ornament hook works great when hooked through the top cork. You could even use a fishing line to hang this from the tree or ceiling so it looks like it is floating invisibly on the tree. Just tie the line around the corks!
What Other Ways Can I Use This Decoration?
This snowflake makes a beautiful Christmas tree ornament, but that isn't the only way that you can use it. It is a multi-purpose beautiful addition to your holiday decorations and gifts. Below are some great ideas to use this aside from hanging it on the tree.
- Add the snowflakes to the top of Christmas presents to replace the bows. Just glue or tape it on top of the gift.
- Make multiple wine cork snowflakes and hang them from your ceiling at intervals with sparkling ribbon or lace. If you make them in various sizes and colors it can really add a great look to the space.
- Add them to your centerpieces, mantle, or even on a wreath to hang on your holiday door or wall. They can be laid flat or propped against items, and you can paint both sides with glitter so they sparkle no matter where they are placed.
No matter what you decide to do with your snowflakes, they will look great as part of your holiday decorations. Just have fun making them with your friends and family!
How to Make a Wine Cork Snowflake Ornament
Cut 9 corks in half.
On a flat surface, arrange the corks into a snowflake. Start with 6 in a "circle" in the center.
Then add two outwards on each "corner" to create the snowflake look.
Now, attach each together with hot glue or craft glue until the basic snowflake is assembled.
Glue the end of the gold ribbon on the outside of one of the corks, and then wrap it around, gluing it onto the corks all the way around the edge of the snowflake.
On the end, leave an extra length of ribbon to turn down and glue in place as a loop for hanging the ornament.
Add glue onto the front of each cork, and sprinkle glue over the top.
Repeat on both sides if desired.
Tap off any excess glitter.
Once dry, hang on your holiday tree!
More Snowflake Decorations
If snowflakes and a winter wonderland make you smile, look no further than the ideas below. Between these and your own additions, you can create a unique look that screams winter and is ideal for a fun new holiday tradition. Add these to your project list, bookmark them for later, print the tutorials, or pin them to your favorite holiday Pinterest board so they are handy!
- Hanging Clothespin Snowflake Decoration
- Stunning Snowflake Christmas Ornament from a Plastic Bottle
- 3D Paper Snowflake Christmas Ornament
- How to Make a Snowflake From an Old Book
Glittery Wine Cork Snowflake Christmas Ornament
This glittery wine cork snowflake Christmas ornament is a great addition to your tree made with upcycled items! A fun addition that kids can help you make in minutes!
- Cut 9 corks in half.
- On a flat surface, arrange the corks into a snowflake. Start with 6 in a "circle" in the center.
- Then add two outwards on each "corner" to create the snowflake look.
- Now, attach each together with hot glue or craft glue until the basic snowflake is assembled.
- Glue the end of the gold ribbon on the outside of one of the corks, and then wrap it around, gluing it onto the corks all the way around the edge of the snowflake.
- At the end, leave an extra length of ribbon to turn down and glue in place as a loop for hanging the ornament.
- Add glue onto the front of each cork, and sprinkle glue over the top.
- Repeat on both sides if desired.
- Tap off any excess glitter.
- Once dry, hang on your holiday tree!
Add different colors of glitter on the snowflake ornament to match your decor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Finished Project Gallery
You could even add miniature snowflake glitter or table scatter pieces to your snowflake for a meta look!
Leave a Reply