Most of us know vinegar as that that clear liquid with an acidic taste, but its uses actually spreads far and wide beyond mere cooking. There are a lot of different types of vinegars, all with a distinctive use and taste—apple cider, balsamic, honey, wine, malt etc.—but for the most part, these domestic vinegar hacks use the regular white (aka distilled) vinegar.
1. Unclog your drain with vinegar and baking soda
2. Remove sticky glue or tape residue with pure vinegar
3. Get rid of smelly trash odors with a vinegar-soaked slice of bread
4. Make an all-purpose cleaner with vinegar, water and dishwashing liquid
5. Trap fruit flies with a bowl of apple cider vinegar and cling wrap
6. De-wrinkle your shirt in a jiff with vinegar and water
7. Save your furniture from getting clawed to shreds by your cat with a spray of vinegar
8. Extend the lifespan of your flowers with apple cider vinegar and water
9. Thoroughly clean the lenses of your glasses with pure vinegar
10. Get rid of those hard-to-clean grease stains or leftovers on your pots and pans with vinegar and water
Not only are these hacks more environmentally friendly since you’re doing away with other chemical-laced products, but these easy methods save you a pretty penny, too. Instead of buying and hoarding a bunch of cleaning sprays and creams, stick to good old vinegar.
Video by HouseholdHacker.