Chicken is a relatively inexpensive meal if you buy dark meat. White meat can be terribly expensive and unfortunately, not everyone is a fan of legs and thighs. This Chicken Thigh Roll recipe however, may change all of that.
The thighs are dipped in buttermilk, which helps to keep them moist and juicy and gives the chicken a wonderful flavor. Then when you add the chili flakes and cheddar – not to mention the bacon – you get a dish that is sure to please everyone at your table.
I’m not a fan of chicken thighs generally, but since they are much less expensive than breasts – and many other types of meat – I can’t wait to try this recipe. It takes a bit to prep, mostly because you’re marinating the chicken in buttermilk. After that, it only takes about half an hour to get them on the table. I’m sure everyone in the house will love them!
Chili flakes, seasonings, and cheddar make this chicken dish delicious.
Soak chicken in buttermilk to make it moist and tender.
Chili flakes and cheddar cheese sticks are stuffed right into the chicken.
Wrap in bacon for even more delicious flavor – plus the bacon seals in juices.
Crispy bacon gives it a wonderful color and makes it taste so good!
You get wonderful flavor in every single bite
Serves 230 g (8 oz)
4 hr, 15 Prep Time
30 minCook Time
4 hr, 45 Total Time
- 6 chicken thighs (deboned)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 6 cheddar sticks
- 2 tbsp. chicken seasoning
- 18 strips thin cut bacon
- Chili flakes to taste
- Whisk salt and buttermilk. Soak chicken thighs in buttermilk brine for 4 hours.
- Pat thighs dry with paper towels, season with chicken seasoning and let them sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Place cheese and a pinch of chili flakes in the middle of each thigh.
- Fold the chicken thighs back over and wrap with bacon.
- Bake at 190 C (375 F) for 30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.