Chicken is a relatively inexpensive meal if you buy dark meat. White meat can be terribly expensive and unfortunately, not everyone is a fan of legs and thighs. This Chicken Thigh Roll recipe however, may change all of that.
Wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese, these chicken thighs may be the best thing you’ve ever eaten. They have chili flakes and cheddar stuffed right into the thigh, so you get deliciousness in every bite. I personally think they would make great game day finger foods, but you can use them for dinner as well.
The thighs are dipped in buttermilk, which helps to keep them moist and juicy and gives the chicken a wonderful flavor. Then when you add the chili flakes and cheddar – not to mention the bacon – you get a dish that is sure to please everyone at your table.
I’m not a fan of chicken thighs generally, but since they are much less expensive than breasts – and many other types of meat – I can’t wait to try this recipe. It takes a bit to prep, mostly because you’re marinating the chicken in buttermilk. After that, it only takes about half an hour to get them on the table. I’m sure everyone in the house will love them!
Chicken Thigh Rolls Recipe
Prep Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 4 hours 45 minutes
Serving size: 7 oz (200 g)
Type: Main dish
1. Whisk salt and buttermilk. Soak chicken thighs in buttermilk brine for 4 hours.
2. Pat thighs dry with paper towels, season with chicken seasoning and let them sit for 5-7 minutes.
Place cheese and a pinch of chili flakes in the middle of each thigh.
3. Fold the chicken thighs back over and wrap with bacon.
4. Bake at 375 F (190 C) for 30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Chili flakes, seasonings, and cheddar make this chicken dish delicious.
Soak chicken in buttermilk to make it moist and tender.
Chili flakes and cheddar cheese sticks are stuffed right into the chicken.
Wrap in bacon for even more delicious flavor – plus the bacon seals in juices.
Crispy bacon gives it a wonderful color and makes it taste so good!
You get wonderful flavor in every single bite
- Whisk salt and buttermilk. Soak chicken thighs in buttermilk brine for 4 hours.
- Pat thighs dry with paper towels, season with chicken seasoning and let them sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Place cheese and a pinch of chili flakes in the middle of each thigh.
- Fold the chicken thighs back over and wrap with bacon.
- Bake at 190 C (375 F) for 30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size:7 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 24.7gSaturated Fat: 9.2gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 3472mgCarbohydrates: 4.4gFiber: 0gSugar: 4.1gProtein: 49.5g