I was so impressed when I found this awesome idea of using just three tires to create a beautiful pond water feature in your garden.
Here’s what you need:
- Tires – this example uses one tractor tire and two car tires, but it’s up to you!
- Different-sized rocks and stones
- Tarp (it must be water-resistant)
- Sand and gravel
- Jig saw
- Wooden slab (or whatever else you have to level the sand)
Here’s what you do:
- Measure the size of the tires and dig holes, respectively
- Pour a level layer of sand in the hole
- Fit in the tire and close up any gaps around it
- Using the jig saw, cut off the top part of the tire
- Using the tarp, line each tire; use the gravel and rocks to outline the tire and keep the tarp in place
- Fill with water and decorate as you wish
The beauty of this project is in its versatility; you can use as many tires as you like, place them however you want, and decorate to your liking! This pond feature really brings a whole new element to your garden, and if you have dogs or little kids, they’ll really enjoy splashing around during the warmer months.