Family photos are wonderful. Do you know what’s even more wonderful? Turning those family photos into gorgeous glowing luminaries! I can’t wait for you to try this DIY craft and learn how to create your own DIY glowing family photo luminaries!
What’s A Glowing Luminary?
A luminary is like a candle, so in essence, you're going to be creating personalized candleholders in this craft. These are really easy, and they are perfect for uniquely displaying those photos.
What Can You Do With Glowing Luminaries?
You can display all of your favorite photos in your home, office, or anywhere you want! These also make wonderful gifts for:
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
How Difficult Is It To Make A DIY Photo Luminary?
This is really not a difficult craft at all. Once you have the supplies all gathered, and that includes choosing which picture you want to display, the craft itself only takes a few minutes.
How To Make Glowing Photo Luminaries
Learn how to make these glowing photo luminaries to beautifully display all of your favorite photos. Step-by-step instructions make it easy to turn ordinary photos into glowing candles.
- Clean, empty jar
- Tape – Like packing type, large type
- Led tea lights
- Make sure that you are printing your photos onto regular printer paper. Don’t use cardstock or anything too thick as it won’t allow the light from your candle to shine through properly.
- You need to first measure the jar so that you can determine what size picture you will need. You can print any photo you want to use and, if needed, trim the edges of your photo so that it fits on the jar.
- Once you have the picture fitted to your jar, use the tape to secure it to the outside of the jar. You can also put it inside the jar if you prefer.
- Place your candle inside the jar and light!
- That’s it! This honestly takes only a few minutes and gives you a gorgeous DIY photo luminary that should resemble this one:
What Else Can You Make With Family Pictures?
I love turning pictures into art, especially pictures of my family. And kids of your little ones make wonderful gifts for grandparents, particularly when you turn them into luminaries and other art.
So, I’ve shown you how to turn a photo into an Easter bunny. I also have a collection of DIY photo crafts that are all pretty easy, and there is always this great list of DIY candles that you can make to add to your new photo luminary.
Pin this project:
What’s your favorite way to show off your family photos?
I am putting this activity on for my camp for kids with arthritis. I am wondering what are the dimensions you guys used for photos on a 12 oz and a16 oz mason jar. I am having someone else preprint photos and bring them for me.