Flower crowns are so popular, and for a good reason – They’re gorgeous! I have seen so many of these in the past couple of years at weddings and other special occasions, and I knew that my girls would love them. So, I decided to try my hand at making them. Y’all these are so easy!
What Is A Flower Crown?
A flower crown is literally a crown of flowers. Now, we’re not actually doing a flower crown, but this headband is really close. The best part is that you don’t need a lot of expensive supplies to make these.
Can You Use Real Flowers For A DIY Flower Headband?
You probably could use real flowers for this, and it would create a beautiful headband, but you could only wear it once. Those real flowers just aren’t going to last very long.
This particular flower headband uses fabric flowers, and those things last forever! You can get fabric flowers at most Dollar Stores – just look for some in the colors and flower types that you want.
Do You Have To Sew A Flower Headband?
Not a single stitch! We’re putting this on a plastic headband, so there’s no sewing required. But, if you wanted to do it on a fabric headband, you certainly could and if you still don’t want to sew, just use fabric glue.
For this DIY flower headband, we’re going to use that trusty old hot glue gun. I seriously don’t know where I would be without my trusty hot glue gun!
What Other DIY Headbands Can You Make?
Can I just say that I love headbands? My girls love headbands. Even my little momma loves headbands, so we make a lot of them. I’ve shared with you 10 DIY summer headbands and these amazing DIY crochet and knit headbands.
You are definitely going to want to check these out and make your own tons of headbands!
How To Make A Gorgeous Fabric Flower Headband
Did I mention how utterly easy this craft is? Honestly, you’re going to want to do these in every imaginable color because they take just a few minutes and little girls love them – big girls are pretty impressed with them, too!
- Plastic Headband
- Artificial Flowers
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pen Or Pencil
- To start, you need to choose your fabric colors. You will be using fabric to create your flowers. This is an excellent opportunity to use up those leftover fabric scraps!
- Once you know what fabric you want to use, you will begin by drawing circles of the same size onto your fabric. You can use a glass to trace to get the circles all the same size.
- Draw and cut five circles for each fabric flower that you want to create.
- One of your circles will be the base and the other four act as leaves.
- Start by taking the first circle and adding some hot glue to the center.
- Fold the circle in half.
- Add hot glue to the center of that folded piece and then fold again.
- This is one leaf of your flower. You need to glue this piece onto your base circle, putting the glued section toward the center.
- Repeat this until you have all four leaves made and glued onto your base piece.
- Now you need to decorate the inside of your flower. You can use small artificial flowers for this or pearls. Just glue whatever you are using into the very center of your flower.
- Create as many flowers as you want to decorate your headband. I've chosen to use 3 flowers.
- Once you have enough flowers made – and the amount depends on what you want – it’s time to glue them onto your headband.
- That’s it! Your finished flower headband should look something like this one:
Pin this project:
What’s your favorite way to decorate a headband?