I love homemade cheesecake. This luscious dessert is actually one of my favorites, and I have even made several over the years. I usually choose two or three different flavors around the holidays and make cheesecakes for our holiday desserts.
I have never, however, made one that is more perfect for spring…until now. This homemade banana cheesecake is my new go-to for springtime desserts, and it gave me the opportunity to try out a few of my favorite banana lifehacks.
What Makes This Homemade Cheesecake So Good?
Thick New York style cheesecake is good no matter what the flavor, but this one adds the taste of banana, which gives it a creamy banana pudding flavor that is out of this world.
This is the best banana pudding cheesecake recipe that I have ever tried…and my family totally agrees. I love a simple homemade cheesecake recipe, no matter what the flavor.
What You Need For Banana Cheesecake
A springform pan works really well for baking homemade cheesecake. Aside from the essential kitchen tools and appliances, you also need:
- Cookie Crumbs – In any flavor you want
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Pudding
- Whipped Cream – You could even use homemade whipped cream
- And a few other basic kitchen staples
What Makes A Cheesecake Crack?
If you overmix your ingredients, it can add too much air to your mixture, which could cause your cheesecake to crack. I always put a small pan of water into the oven with my cheesecakes to prevent cracking and falling and run a knife along the edges instantly after taking it out of the oven so that it doesn’t stick.
Is Cheesecake Supposed To Be Refrigerated?
Any food that includes milk and/or eggs should always be refrigerated after baking. Store your homemade banana cheesecake in the fridge covered with plastic wrap to help keep out refrigerator smells and tastes. You can also freeze cheesecake.
Tightly cover it and freeze it for up to six months. Just sit it out of the freezer and allow it to thaw in the fridge for a day before you need it.
Banana Cheesecake Recipe:
Printable Recipe Card and Instructions
- 1 cup of cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsps. of butter, melted
- 1 pound of cream cheese
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1.7 oz. of vanilla pudding (You can also use banana flavored pudding)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of plain yogurt
- Whipped cream, banana, cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325F/160C. Butter one 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pan or springform pan.
- Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cream cheese (room temp) with, banana pudding powder or vanilla pudding, sugar, eggs, and yogurt.
- Make cheesecake crust by pressing cookie crumb mixture into a prepared pan. Pour cheesecake on top and place the pan into a thick baking sheet. Pour boiling water into the baking sheet to cover cheesecake pan halfway up.
- Bake for 50 minutes (or until it doesn’t jiggle) and leave to cool down completely before removing from the pan.
- Top with whipped cream, cookie crumbs, and banana slices.
Serving Size:1 Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 8g
Pin This Recipe:
What’s Your Favorite Flavored Cheesecake Recipe?