Have I mentioned that my family loves football? We also love queso so the two kind of go together in my house. I normally just buy queso dip, but I thought that for the Super Bowl this year, I would try my hand at making my own.
So, my search for the perfect queso recipe began. It ended with this one – this is the easiest, fastest and most delicious queso dip ever. All of my football fans love it and I am positive that yours will, too.
You can have this dip on your table in about 15 minutes. That’s super fast! And, it pairs nicely with just about anything that you want to serve with it. Have it with tortilla chips or vegetables, or make up a quick batch of these easy to make homemade zucchini bites and serve them alongside your homemade queso.
If you are planning a party for the Super Bowl (or for an occasion for that matter) then you definitely want to check out this homemade queso recipe.
I really do love this recipe. It could not be any easier to make and with onions, jalapeno, tomatoes and other flavors, it is sure to be a huge hit on any party or dinner table. You could even make this up on taco night to add some flavor to your tacos.
I guarantee that you will not find an easier or a tastier recipe for homemade queso. And, this one would be perfect to serve with my homemade black bean flautas, too.
Fresh ingredients and shredded cheese make for an amazing homemade queso dip
Start by sautéing onion, garlic and jalapenos
Add in cheese and cream to thicken
Serve up your homemade queso with chips, veggies or other favorite dipping foods
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of jalapeno, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of cream
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ tbsp. of cornstarch
- ½ cup of cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. of dried green onion
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Whisk cream and cornstarch together.
- Melt butter over medium heat and sauté onion, garlic and jalapeno until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes. Pour in cream with cornstarch and add milk, salt and green onion.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth and bubbly. Add cheese in batches, whisking constantly.
- Wait until all cheese melts and serve warm with some tortilla chips or other dipping foods.
Serving Size:4 oz. (120 g)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 18.5gSaturated Fat: 11.5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 15.8gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 5.6gProtein: 10.7g