Have you ever tried stuffed bell peppers? These things are sort of a staple in my house, especially during the summer when I can get my bell peppers straight from the garden. My kids even love stuffed bell peppers, so it’s a family favorite meal whenever I fix them.
This recipe is super easy to prep and to cook and gets amazing stuffed bell peppers on your dinner table in under an hour!
I have shared with you my three cheese stuffed peppers recipe, and those are great, too. This new recipe is just a different take on that favorite recipe and I promise that you are going to love them both. This one doesn’t have meat.
It has cauliflower! And if you think that sounds weird, trust me you just have to try them. They’re really low in carbs and so tasty. Aside from the cauliflower they have cremini mushrooms, corn, and a host of spices, not to mention cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
They are seriously the tastiest stuffed peppers you have ever tried!
Did I mention how quick and easy these are to make? Honestly, you can have everything ready to go into the oven in less than 15 minutes and then you cook them for 35 to 40 minutes, which gives you plenty of time to make a few tasty sides or a great dessert, like this amazing almond cheesecake.
You have honestly never tried anything as good as this. Plus, a light dessert is perfect for pairing with your yummy stuffed peppers. Honestly, if you have never tried stuffed peppers, I highly recommend that you give this amazing recipe a try. You will be so glad that you did!
Cremini mushrooms, cauliflower and corn give these stuffed peppers a unique flavor
You can use green, red or yellow peppers, depending on your preference – or your garden
Mix all of the ingredients together and fill your bell pepper halves
Top with cheese and bake until done
- 3 bell peppers
- 4 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower, shredded
- 4-5 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup of corn
- 3 tbsps. of chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. of dried herbs de province
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- ½ cup of cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup of mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove all of the seeds, leaving the stem intact.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown chopped mushrooms and then add cauliflower and corn. Stir and cook until heated through.
- Mix half-cooked vegetables and mushrooms with paprika, cilantro and dried herbs. Combine everything with cheddar.
- Stuff bell peppers with this mixture and add mozzarella on top. Cook for 35 minutes. Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Yield:4 oz (120 g)
Serving Size:6 pepper halves
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 10.9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 9.7gFiber: 2.7gSugar: 4.7gProtein: 5.3g