Do you make homemade candy for the holidays? I do and every year we try to add something new. In a couple of years we’ll be making more candy than we could possibly give away. On that note, I am always looking for a yummy candy recipe that isn’t too difficult.
This homemade peppermint patties recipe is so good and it only takes a few minutes to make up a batch of yummy candies. These taste just like the York Peppermint Patties that you buy in stores, but they are so much better because they’re homemade.
If you do make your own homemade Christmas candy, or just any candy throughout the year, then you definitely want to give these peppermint patties a try. Not only are they easy, they’re so delicious and you can decorate them for the various holidays.
Use sprinkles or decorative icing in different colors to dress these up for Christmas, Valentine’s Day or any other holiday. And, if you really love a good chocolate recipe, you have to be sure to make these amazing chocolate chip cookies. They’re a favorite in my family.
These candies are so easy to make. You just mix your ingredients together, roll them out, cut into the shapes that you want and then dip in chocolate. You could also do these in white chocolate and when you roll them out, you could use seasonal cookie cutters to cut them so they’re really decorative.
There are so many variations of these peppermint candies that you can make and they are all absolutely divine. If you have ever wanted to make your own candy, this is an excellent recipe to get you started. And, you should check out this amazing microwave chocolate fudge recipe, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 50 g (1.7 oz)
2 tbsps. of butter, softened
2 tbsps. of full-fat cream
1 tbsp. of corn syrup
1 tsp. of lemon juice
1 ½ tsps. of peppermint extract
3 ⅓ cups of powdered sugar
Melted dark chocolate for coating
Green food coloring (optional).
1. Whisk butter, cream, corn syrup, lemon juice and peppermint together to make a paste. Optionally add green food coloring.
2. Add powdered sugar gradually, while stirring constantly until smooth and slightly sticky ball of “dough” forms.
3. Sprinkle some more powdered sugar on a cutting board and roll sugar “dough” ½ cm (0.2 inch) thick. Freeze for 15 minutes.
4. Cut into small circles, remove excess “dough” and freeze for 10 minutes more.
5. Cover in melted chocolate and let set before serving.
Start with butter, cream, corn syrup and powdered sugar
Mix ingredients well and add in peppermint extract
Add food coloring to make your candies more festive
Roll out and cut candies with cookie cutters for shape
Dip in melted chocolate and decorate as you wish
- Whisk butter, cream, corn syrup, lemon juice and peppermint together to make a paste. Optionally add green food coloring.
- Add powdered sugar gradually, while stirring constantly until smooth and slightly sticky ball of “dough” forms.
- Sprinkle some more powdered sugar on a cutting board and roll sugar “dough” ½ cm (0.2 inch) thick. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Cut into small circles, remove excess “dough” and freeze for 10 minutes more.
- Cover in melted chocolate and let set before serving.
Serving Size:2 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 6.3gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 73.7gFiber: 0gSugar: 70.5gProtein: 1.1g