I’m always on the lookout for recipes that are perfect for summer. There are just so many ways that you can dress up Jell-O or so many times that you want to haul out the ice cream maker, which is why I’m so glad I came across this luscious lemon raspberry loaf.
It’s perfect for summer cookouts and picnics or just for having around the house when you want something a little sweet. What I really love about it is how quick and easy it is to make and it’s virtually foolproof.
You really can’t mess this one up – plus it’s the perfect flavor and not too sweet. Enjoy it in the morning with your coffee or after dinner as dessert bread – it’s very flexible!
I really do love finding new recipes. I mean, these crispy potato pancakes were a great find and I have made them so many times over the past few weeks. Anytime that I can find a delicious recipe that my family loves I consider a win.
This lemon raspberry loaf is definitely a win in my book. I’m not typically fond of raspberry but in this dish, it’s not too strong so it’s great. The lemon really gives it a wonderful flavor, too and again, it is absolutely perfect for summer desserts.
You can get this one ready for the oven in about 10 minutes and then relax while it bakes. Imagine having delicious and moist dessert bread in just 10 minutes of prep time. This would be the perfect loaf to take along to cookouts and reunions over the summer.
And since raspberries are soon to be in season, it’s an inexpensive dish to make as well. Plus, your kids are going to love it, probably as much as they’ll love these ham and cheese Hot Pockets mimics.
If you’re tired of traditional lemon bars and other summer desserts and you want something a bit unique, this is definitely the recipe that you need to try. It’s got so much yummy flavor and it’s a really easy loaf to make. Grab those lemons and raspberries and bake this up for your next office party. Your coworkers will definitely thank you for it!
Lemon Raspberry Loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 3 oz (90 g)
For the loaf:
For the glaze:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 degrees C).
2. Whisk flour and baking powder together. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil and sugar.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add raspberries.
4. Pour the batter into greased 8.5×4.5×2.5 inch (22x12x6 cm) loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
5. Whisk ingredients for the glaze.
6. Pour the glaze over the loaf and top with lemon zest.
Fresh ingredients always make for a better dish, don’t you think?
Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and other ingredients until smooth
The glaze is made from powdered sugar and lemon juice and adds just the right touch of sweetness
Add lemon zest to the top for decoration and an added kick of flavor
This loaf is delicious and beautiful all the way through
For the loaf:
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 1 ½ tsps. of baking powder
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups of fresh raspberries
- Zest of ½ lemon
For the glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 degrees C).
- Whisk flour and baking powder together. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil and sugar.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add raspberries.
- Pour the batter into greased 22x12x6 cm (8.5x4.5x2.5 inch) loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
Serving Size:3 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 15.3gSaturated Fat: 3.4gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 74.9gFiber: 2.9gSugar: 48gProtein: 7.8g