You only get invited to baby showers every so often. Though if you have as big an extended family as I do, you might get to go to a fair few. Right now I have a few baby showers lined up on my calendar, and I am so excited! I’ve been looking up baby shower crafts, and have found a ton of ideas I want to try!
First things first. Haven’t looked at our list of 25 baby shower gift ideas? Check it out—you are going to find a treasure trove of awesome crafts in there. And don’t miss this craft for making adorable baby crafts.
Next, check out the video below! This is an exclusive video from DIYnCrafts which teaches you how you can make a butterfly out of diapers—such a cute presentation idea, and one I can’t wait to try for one of my upcoming baby showers!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel here.
Amazon.com affiliate links:
1. Glue colorful paper onto a paper towel roll. This is the butterfly’s body.
2. Glue a foam craft ball to the top to make the head for your butterfly.
3. Add the googly eyes to the butterfly’s head.
4. Roll up a single diaper, and then add a second diaper around it. Layer them up until you get about 6 diapers.
5. Make a second batch of diapers like the one above.
6. Now do it two more times, but use 8 diapers for these. The two batches of 8 diapers are the top part of the butterfly’s wings, while the two batches of 6 diapers are the lower part of the butterfly’s wings.
7. Fold blankets around the outside of each set of diapers (the top two batches together, and the bottom two batches together). Secure them.
8. Cut a length of ribbon and tie it vertically around the “butterfly,” running it right around the middle. Tighten it a bit, and it will sort of squish the diapers inward at the top and bottom in the middle, emphasizing the shape of the wings.
9. Tie the ribbon at the front. That way you can also use it to attach the body of the butterfly.
10. Attach the pipe cleaner antennas and any other embellishments you want.
You now have an adorable diaper butterfly to gift at your next baby shower!