In less than an hour, you can put an amazing meal on the table that is sure to thrill even your pickiest eater. This cheesy chicken, broccoli, and rice dish is perfect on so many levels. First, it is really easy to make. It’s also a fast dish that you can have on the table quickly – making it perfect for those busy weeknights. Plus, it’s delicious so it definitely has that going for it.
If you need something that you know kids are going to eat and something that you can have on the table by the time they finish their homework, I highly recommend this one. Plus, it has broccoli in it – which is sort of hidden by the cheese – so it’s a good way to get them to eat their vegetables. I actually snuck spinach past mine with this chicken bacon spinach spaghetti recipe. Sometimes we moms just have to be a little sneaky to get the job done.
So, if you want a really delicious and really easy to make meal for those busy nights, this one is great. What’s not to love about chicken, rice, broccoli and cheese? It’s a yummy all in one meal that your family is sure to enjoy.
Chicken, broccoli, and rice give this dish nutrition and flavor.
Cook chicken in olive oil until slightly cooked.
Vegetable broth cooks the rice and gives it a nice flavor.
This is a beautifully colored dish when finished, too.
Cheesy goodness in every bite!
Serves 9 oz (250 g)
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- ½ large white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheese
- Fry onion with olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add chicken and a generous pinch of salt. Continue cooking until chicken pieces turn white on each side.
- Add minced garlic, stir and add uncooked rice. After a couple of minutes, pour in vegetable broth and cover the pan with a lid.
- Lover the heat to simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes. Add broccoli florets, stir and continue cooking covered for 10 minutes more or until all the liquid absorbs.
- Remove from heat, stir in half of the cheese and sprinkle the remainder on top before serving.