Talk about a scrumptious family meal….and an easy one, too. This chicken and potatoes recipe is all baked together, which makes it perfect for those busy weeknights. Plus, it’s got bacon and who doesn’t love bacon?
If you’re like me, you rarely have time to prepare a wholesome and satisfying family meal through the week. I mean between work and school and running errands, who finds time to cook? This recipe is perfect for busy moms and dads who really want to feed their families something nutritious and filling but just don’t really have hours to spend in the kitchen throughout the week.
You’ll only need a few minutes of prep time after which you can do homework, catch up with the family, or even run the kids to soccer practice while this cooks. It bakes for less than an hour and when it’s done, your family can sit down to a delicious meal of meat and potatoes, complete with bacon…did I mention there’s bacon?
The best part? You don’t really even need anything to go with it. It’s all in there! You can throw together a nice side salad and be finished with dinner in less than an hour…and a dinner that the family only expects on the weekends. If you’re pressed for time and you want to feed the family something delicious, this is the perfect recipe.
Just chicken, bacon, potatoes, and a few spices are all you need to pull off this amazing dish.
The chicken is coated in spices to give each piece mouthwatering flavor.
Once the chicken is coated, just prep the other ingredients.
It’s the mixture of spices and mustard that gives the dish its great flavor.
Brown the chicken and then add cooked bacon.
Just add all ingredients to a casserole dish along with rosemary and spices.
Everything you need for family dinner is all in one dish.
Serves 230 g (8 oz)
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 lbs (1 kg) chicken thighs and wings
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 8 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 rosemary branch
- Cut bacon into pieces and fry till brown and crispy. Transfer onto a paper towel.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces. Season with salt and dredge in spice mixture: cayenne, paprika, garlic.
- Brown the chicken over the high heat using leftover bacon fat.
- Combine leftover spices with oil, rosemary leaves and grainy mustard.
- Rest chicken on top of the potatoes, drizzle with olive oil mixture and top with crispy bacon bits.
- Bake at 400F (200C) for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft and chicken is cooked through.