When I first saw a link to this video, I didn’t know what to expect. I just saw the baker smearing chocolate onto a sheet of bubble wrap. I couldn’t imagine what the heck it was going to be used for—but I was super curious, so I clicked and checked out the video.
As it turned out, she was making a basket cake! It’s a simple version, but it looks awesome, especially considering how absolutely easy her technique is. Watch the video below:
Basically, here are the steps:
1. You begin by making the cake itself.
2. You melt some chocolate in your microwave.
3. You cut a sheet of bubble wrap so that it is tall enough and wide enough to cover your cake if you wrap it around the cake’s circumference.
4. After you’ve checked that your bubble wrap sheet is the right size, you coat it with the melted chocolate.
5. You wait 10 minutes for the chocolate to dry.
6. You then apply the bubble wrap to the outside of your cake, wrapping it around the circumference.
7. Let it chill for ten minutes.
8. Remove the bubble wrap, and the chocolate will stick to the cake, imprinted with the patterns from the bubble wrap.
Eager to learn more cake decorating tricks? Check out How to Top Your Cupcakes with Marshmallow Flowers, Write Messages on Cakes and The Only Cake Decorating Trick You’ll Ever Need.
I seriously cannot wait to try this recipe and surprise my family with it. I just know they are going to be impressed!