I’m a big ice cream fan – who isn’t? There really is nothing like a nice, creamy ice cream to cool you down when the heat starts to get intense. I’ve always wanted to make my own ice cream, but was under the impression that the only possible way to do so was to buy an ice cream machine, and I just really didn’t want to spend that money. Today, though, my eyes were opened to a quick and easy recipe and method that requires just two simple ingredients.
If your craving is so strong that you simply can’t bear waiting for the ice cream to freeze, try this cool recipe for delicious ice cream in just five minutes!
All you need is:
- 14oz (1 can/400ml) sweetened condensed milk, cold
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml) whipping cream, cold
Whip the cream in your mixer until you get soft peaks, then pour in the condensed milk and whip again so that it’s mixed well. That’s all there is to it! Stick it in the freezer and after about six hours it should be ready for you to enjoy.
Now that you know how easy the base is to make, you can play around with fun and delicious flavors, for example:
(The amounts are to be added to 2 cups of ice cream before freezing.)
- Strawberry cheesecake: 1 cup cheesecake, strawberry puree
- Honeycomb: ½ cup crushed honeycomb
- Cookies and cream: ⅔ cup crushed Oreo cookies
- Mango swirl: ¼ cup mango puree, vanilla seeds or extract
- Rainbow cake: 1 cup frosted rainbow cake
- Birthday cake: 1 cup frosted funfetti cake
You don’t have to bake an entire cake just to make your delicious ice cream, have a look at these quick microwave cake recipes that are perfect for this very purpose!
Create your own custom labels HERE! Fabulous recipe by Gemma Stafford join over 300,000 YouTube subscribers to receive her weekly awesomeness.
Thanks so much for your lovely recipes.