The Super Bowl is quickly coming up and many of you may be wondering just what appetizer you should make for the big day. I am such a fan of football and love finding recipes that I can make for Super Bowl parties. I believe that everyone at your game watching party will adore these fried cheese sticks with buttermilk dipping sauce.
The best part about these cheese sticks though is their buttermilk sauce. With buttermilk, sour cream, green onion, and a host of herbs and spices, this is sure to be the hit of any party or family dinner. It’s a delicious alternative to marinara sauce and much easier to make as well.
So whether you are planning a huge Super Bowl blowout or you just want a wholesome snack that everyone in the family will love, these cheese sticks are a great choice. They only take about 20 minutes, including the sauce, so you have plenty of time to enjoy the game when they’re finished.
Yummy string cheese is used to create delicious cheese sticks that rival any fancy restaurant appetizer.
Cheese is breaded in panko breadcrumbs for a delicious crunch.
Buttermilk sauce is the star of this recipe – with delicious, smooth flavor.
Cheese sticks fry up crispy and delicious – with oozing cheese!
These are sure to be the hit of your game day party!
Serves 5 oz (150 g)
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 12 sticks of string cheese
- 1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsps. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsps. green onion, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Dredge string cheese in flour, dip into beaten eggs and coat with panko.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Deep fry cheese sticks in preheated vegetable oil for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with buttermilk sauce.