My sister’s baby shower is right around the corner, and I’m helping her plan it. So I’ve had a great excuse to do a ton of crafting lately. And now it’s time to plan my present, and that means making a diaper cake!
I ended up going with a diaper cake boat because my sister is really into nautical stuff, and her husband works on a ship. So it seemed like the perfect choice. Plus, it turned out to be super easy! Check out the video:
1. Get a box of chocolates. You can theoretically use anything as a base, but a box of chocolates makes a nice gift.
2. Wrap the large rubber band around the box.
3. Roll up the diapers and place them around the perimeters of the box.
4. Add more diapers so that you can create the shape of a deck.
5. Wrap a baby blanket around the “boat.”
6. Make a circle of rolled diapers separately.
7. Wrap the circle of diapers in a second blanket.
8. Set that on top of the boat.
9. Decorate it with a ribbon.
10. Use a paper roll or something similar to create the shape of a mast. Embellish it as you desire.
11. Add other decorations and gifts such as cute toys, bibs, and so on.
You now have a cute diaper cake boat to bring to your next baby shower. Have fun, and enjoy delighting your recipient!