I recently managed to find an amazing gift for one of my closest friends. I’m so stoked to give it to her, but I didn’t want to just pop it in a box and hand it to her. I want the entire experience to be special, which means finding a way to make her box special too. So instead of going to the store for a simple bow as a box topper, I decided I’d make one myself.
And that leads me to present our newest exclusive video!
- Paper in a color of your choice
- Decorative element for the center of the flower (optional)
1. Begin by using the pencil to draw 5 flowers on the paper. Each should have six petals, and they should be more or less similar. Then draw one smaller flower which also has six petals.
2. Cut the flowers out.
3. Fold the petals upward a bit so they have a more natural flowery shape. Use glue to stack them one on top of the other.
4. If you wish, you can then add a decorative element of your choice to the center of the flower. For example, you could use a shiny metallic bead.
As you can see, this is quite a convincingly realistic paper flower, and it is surprisingly easy to make your own! It looks fabulous on top of a box, so it makes a perfect present topper. But it’s also a versatile decorative item you could use for a lot of other applications.